In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco spoke to Drew Sementa, CEO of Tidal Commerce.
Ask anyone and they’ll tell you that Drew Sementa was always an entrepreneur at heart. Even at 14 years old and working during the summers for his grandfather’s construction business, he was hungry to make his mark. And then there was that time selling candy on the school bus (that his mom bought in bulk for him).
In 2003, from the basement of his home, Drew started what is today’s Tidal Commerce, an established player in the Merchant Processing Services Industry. Drew has been Tidal’s driving force and CEO ever since its beginning.
You’re thinking about hiring people and they’re going to give you the better years of their lives and I feel if I’m asking that of my employees, in turn their lives should be better because of my company.
— Drew Sementa
Podcast Topics Include:
- Being fearless in an unregulated industry that is often criticized
- Rebranding and reinventing an existing business
- Strategies for acquisition and culture immersion
- The mindset of expecting employees to stay a lifetime
- Attracting clients through honesty and transparency
- Working with a partner who’s also your spouse
- Scaling culture before scaling growth
- How to sell to CEOs
We’re, based in the Chicago area, and offer merchant services to power commerce for businesses of all sizes. Our diverse portfolio consists of 1,000s of businesses, processing in excess of $2 billion annually. We’re excited to announce our partnership with Pivot 10 in offering strategic planning and training solutions to our clients.
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.